Having pre wedding photoshoot in Yogyakarta is a dream for my couple today, this Marcia and Kaisar, a beautiful couple with full of joy and fun. I met Kaisar at the first time when I shooting his brother’s wedding in Royal Ambarrukmo Hotel back in 2011, since we are in the same university so we get close each other till he phone me up few months ago and told me that now is his turn to get married with a lovely cute girl known as Marcia.
Dear lovely bride, my name is Bima and thank you for visiting my photography blog. Here I will share a lot of my photography works and some story behind my job, especially on this page I’m gonna share to you my recent works on pre wedding photoshoot in Yogyakarta which is a beautiful city where I live by for over than 20 years.
Kindly watch my 3 minutes video behind the scene of Marcia and Kaisar below
So this is the plan, I’ll be shoot for Marcia and Kaisar’s pre wedding photoshoot in Yogyakarta and continue for their wedding in Grand Hyatt Jakarta, all of them are within in a year. This gonna be interesting and we got enough time to process all the images in a good way. During this photo session Marcia and Kaisar bring some awesome wardrobe and we gonna mix it into a nice one than we found this composition:
- Red gown (Marcia) + black suit and white shirt with a tie (Kaisar)
- Yellow gown (Marcia) + grey suit and dark blue shirt (Kaisar)
Today photoshoot will gonna a little bit rush cause I going to meet them in Greenhost Boutique Hotel and go to some places such as
- Black sand dune in Depok Beach
- Pine forest in Imogiri
- Twin temple, the Plaosan just nearby the Pramabanan Temple
So here we go, I’m gonna share some of beautiful pictures of this lovely couple and keep in enjoy!
Preparation for Pre Wedding Photoshoot in Yogyakarta
If you also willing to have pre wedding photoshoot in Yogyakarta someday I could tell you that this city is really nice, a huge traffic on a school and office hour but so comfort following that time. Food is so cheap and extremely delicious than people are absolutely nice and kind. There are some good suggestion that I could tell you before doing this such as:
- Go rent a private car with driver which able to speak both in Bahasa Indonesia and English cause it would be comfort for you both
- For 1 day of photoshoot approximately for 6 hours, just prepare for 2 gowns and 1 casual clothes
- You can do the simple make up and hair do by your own or hiring a make up artist
- and make sure you stay in a nice hotel so you can get a great rest before and after the photoshoot. I will give you some suggestion about it below
Recommended Hotel to Stay in Yogyakarta
As I said before make sure that book a nice hotel to stay and I recommend you to use booking.com to book hotel or apartment in this town and several hotels that I recommend you to stay are:
- Hotel Tentrem – brand new hotel which is only 2 km from the city center Malioboro, Sultan Palace, and Tamansari
- Hyatt Regency – nice hotel with great landscape that you can consider if you willing to celebrate an outdoor wedding party too
- Amanjiwo – great hotel with Borobudur view surrounding, it is close to Magelang city and about 50 km from Yogyakarta
Pre Wedding Location That I Suggest You to Consider
Since having a pre wedding session inside the Sultan Palace is restricted and you definitely need to organize letter of permission to get photo session in Borobudur and Prambanan so I can suggest you to do photoshoot in these such locations:
- Your own hotel, make sure you got a better one
- Tamansari Water Castle
- Gunung Kidul Beach, a lot of beaches out there with white sand beach, and
- Downtown of Yogyakarta
I hope that this information is useful to prepare your pre wedding photoshoot in Yogyakata, once you love my photography work and want to see more about it than you can visit my portfolio and simply drop me a message to discuss more about your weddings. I will be more than happy to discuss with you and talk about your dream weddings.
I will keep writing about my photography works and story behind the photoshoot, so see you next time and I’ll see you soon!