Great wedding documentary will more impressive when considering about family photoshoot session and this is what I’m gonna talk to you today. Dear lovely couple my name is Bima and I’m a destination wedding photographer so thank you for keep in touch with me on this blog.
When I shoot wedding than I used to come 30 – 40 minutes earlier than the starting time, as I said before on the previous story of bride and groom tips before marriage ceremony the benefit come earlier is to get to know about your family member and friends who belong to special guests on your wedding. Father, mother, grand ma & pa, than brother and sisters are belong to priority even if I know you got super close friend than they become my shooting lists too.
Why I Concern About Family Photoshoot in Wedding Day
Back few years ago I shoot a wedding in small beautiful city called Yogyakarta and found super humble couple with a nice family member, the wedding goes well and I delivered my album within 2 months just like what I said in contract page.
The thing that make me down is when I get a phone call from my bride and she told me that she gonna say thank you so much for my consideration by asking her grand mother to take a picture together in the aisle even she have to use foot crutches for her own. In fact her grand ma is passed away just within 14 days following her wedding and because of my family photoshoot session than my bride is able to keep her last portrait with her lovely grand ma who take care of her while she was a baby.
My Family Photoshoot Lists for Consideration
Here below I’m gonna share to you about my family photoshoot lists that you can save for your consideration, through this lists you can start to write down who’s gonna be on the frame and become the priority of the session.
- Bride and groom with bride’s parents
- Bride and groom with bride’s parents, bride’s brother, and sister (children may be include and consider about the grandparents too)
- Bride and groom with both sets of parents
- Bride and groom with groom’s parents
- Bride and groom with groom’s parents, bride’s brother, and sister (children may be include and consider about the grandparents too)
- Bride and groom with siblings
- Bride and groom with each brother and sister’s family
- Bride and groom with grandparents
- groom’s mom and dad by themselves
When you have priority person like pregnant woman, older family or kids than I’m gonna take their session first
No matter where it takes but family photoshoot is highly essential but the most favourite one is after the marriage ceremony. Let me give you some suggestion about how to set the schedule:
- Arrange the family photoshoot right after the wedding ceremony done, you could move out from the chapel and find the best view for the background
- Maximum time for each session is 3 minutes but in fact if this only like 5 to 8 people than I can make it done within 1 minute
- Make sure that all your family member that belong to the lists are stand by in the surrounding place or just next to the chapel so me and your officiant are able to invite them without yelling
- Generally for up to 50 people of guests on the wedding ceremony I used to take this session for 30 minutes, it will be done fast so ask them to be patient.
Tips for Making Great Family Photoshoot
Great photos not only because of the photographer or even the gears but the best family photos will come from the your heart so when you wanna invite all the family members on the photo session than these several tips will works so great for you:
- I’m gonna take several photos and let’s try to look at my camera at the first than go for talking, smiling and look each other who standing next to you
- Just be honest and humble during the photos so your real personality will come in perfect
- Be patient cause everybody will waiting for this moment and do this session with love cause you gonna give the best moment for all people who attending to your big day
I hope you inspire for what I share today and get the right information for your wedding plan, I would also feeling honour if you take your time for visiting my portfolio page and see the whole wedding and engagement session artwork done by me from the previous couple. Whenever you love my work and want me to come to your big day than I will be more than happy to discuss with you in more detail and answering your questions.