As a photographer and Airbnb host I could say that it is quite hard to get a holiday at the same time when the school off so back on March 2019 I took a day off and get holiday in Singapore with kids. Since 2011 me and Nina always plan for holiday twice a year, 1 spot in Indonesia and 1 another for overseas. 2 Years ago my 3rd kids was born and this gonna be his 1st flight and having passport so I think this journey will be awesome for us and this is that I want to share for you today.
Singapore is really near to reach from Indonesia even we got direct flight within 2 hours from Adisucipto to Changi with Air Asia, yes you can catch another flight like Silk Air, Garuda Indonesia, or even Lion Air but you should transit in several cities which is mean it gonna waste your time.
If you want to browse international flight ticket than I could suggest you to look at Jetradar cause its price seems to be competitive,
Is It Hard to Get a Holiday in Singapore with Kids?
Nope! I ever do this kind of trip back in 2011 to Hong Kong and Macau within 8 days but what make different is today I travel with my wife and 3 kids and that would be challenging. Getting holiday in Singapore with kids is awesome, the city was so nice and since I travel after the school holiday so all price will be lower, there are only few Indonesian people on there and everything run in so easy.
Due to my Airbnb guest data, there are a lot of my guests who coming from Canada, US, or Europe are getting transit for few days in Singapore so if you have a connecting flight than I suggest you to plan for stay few nights in this amazing Country.
Some countries must proceed the Visa on Arrival in Changi but if you are an ASEAN passport holder than I sure that you can visit Singapore with no visa. As I said before that traveling with kids will be challenging so as a father of 3 kids now I’m gonna share some apparels that you should bring while take a journey with these little fellas:
- Small Backpack for Kids – Let your kids bring their own backpack even I could say that all things that they gonna bring is just Lego Block, Squishy and even their cute character earmuff but generally let them learn about responsible to bring their own stuff
- Baby Stroller – Since my 3rd boys is just 2 years old than I was wondering he’s not strong enough to walk whole day around the Arab Street or sight seeing around the Sea Aquarium so having your lightweight baby stroller is beyond important
- Umbrellas – Singapore was so hot during January to April and will get a lot of rain during end of the year so when you get a holiday in Singapore with kids than bring at least 1 travel pack umbrella is quite important
5 Simple Tricks to Get a Holiday in Singapore with Kids with No Worries
If you just two of you than traveling to the edge of this planet will so easy but if you have kids than you must change your traveling style. Traveling with kids is amazing and here is the good way to stay close with them if you are a typical person who really busy with your own daily job. Some parents also afraid to travel with families but if you think positive than everything will flow in so easy.
Now I’m gonna share to you 5 simple tricks to get a holiday in Singapore with kids with no worries:
- Never make a tight itineraries in a day – traveling with kids really need patience cause they might be so tired, sleepy or even get some illness that will change your whole itineraries. When you walking out from your hotels in Singapore than always think 2 destinations for maximum, than if you could pass it than you can set another destinations following the first one. But if you look so kids start to getting tired than stop your journey and get back to your hotel as fast as you can.
- Bring a Snacks and Water – Kids will get hungry so often, so having a snacks box that compliment with spoon will be matter. Next the thing that you must prepare is bring a lot of water and since you can buy any water in the MRT station or 7 Eleven convenient store than that would be so easy if you have a mineral water clip that you can put on your pants.
- Choose a kids friendly destination – Generally there are a lot of kids friendly in Singapore cause its government works so hard to keep all surrounding safe and clean. Some places that I recommend you to visit are: see Spectra – light and water show at Marina Bay Sands at 8pm, sightseeing around Sentosa Island through Vivocity, walking at river front housing nearby the Tanjung Katong Rd, and go to Singapore Botanical Garden.
- Use the elevator inside the MRT Station – Rather than using escalator that will use by thousand of people than using elevator will be better and as long as you get a holiday in Singapore with kids or traveling with seniors than you can use this elevator.
- Get the EZ Link Card – Using the EZ Link is the best way to sightseeing around cause you may use this card for pay the transportation system (MRT and bus) and also to buy some meal and stuff in the store
5 Local Food in Singapore That You Can Eat with the Kids
Singapore foods are so tasty and you should eat the local food better than go to fast food restaurant like McDonalds or Subway. They cook fresh ingredient every single day and serve the food with their own way. Now I’m gonna share to you about 5 local food in Singapore that you can eat with the kids:
1 – Classic Uncle Ice Cream
Having a holiday in Singapore with kids without eat this classic uncle ice cream will means nothing, it so tasty, fresh, and sweet especially if you eat it during the hot sunny day. It costs about SIN$1 to 1.50 and provide various taste of classic local ice cream like chocolate, durian, matcha, blueberry and so on.
This classic ice cream used to be sell by a Singaporean seniors, that might husband and wife running this family business and bring a custom motor-cart like the pictures below. They gonna asking you to put the ice cream inside the bread or in the middle of crispy wafer.
2 – Take a Way Meal Box
If you stay among the local people housing complex than you will find these local restaurant in so easy. They used to be open at 6 am and close at 9pm so whenever you feel hungry than you always can get food period.
When I was arrived in Singapore than thing that I must is take a nap with the kids cause I want to ask them to see the Spectra – Light and Water Show in Marina Bay Sands but surprising that when we woke up at 5pm than there is a hard rain for over than 2 hours and surely my kids are already hungry.
So I take my light pack umbrella and walk for like 100 meter to find local food and finally I found this local restaurant. Things that I ordered here is pack of white rice, sweet butter chicken, fresh broccoli, and a soy sauce for the topping that costs SIN$3.90/pax….so cheap!
3 – Duck Noodle with Soy Sauce
The next amazing local food in Singapore that you can eat with the kids is this tasty and gourmet duck noodle with soy sauce. I ate it right in Kopi Tiam food court in B2 floor right under Terminal 3 Changi. Once you walk for 100 meter inside the B2 floor than you will see huge food court just next to four finger restaurant and you gonna see the centre cart who sell this duck noodle meals.
4 – Oriental Sea Food Fried Rice
My number 4 local meal that you can eat is oriental sea food fried chicken. By staying on a hotel that close to MRT station and local people housing than you also can find Chinese restaurant that sell this kind of oriental food, you may order like a duck noodle as show you before or even the fresh oriental sea food friend rice.
This big bowl of sea food fried rice (today I got the chop of crab in it) is just costs of SIN$4 so if you don’t eat a lot of rice than this kind of portion may be eat for two of you.
Taste was so good so if I got more space in my stomach than I will order for the second bowl for sure.
5 – Singapore Hainan Chicken Rice
You can’t miss thing meal so real while you get a nice holiday in Singapore with kids, this hainan chicken rice was so tasty and you will expect more and more for it. I bought this chicken rice at the same restaurant who sell oriental friend rice and it costs less than my fried rice, simply just SIN$3.60. When you buy this meal than the restaurant owner will serve you with a bowl of chicken broth and it is also freaking good.
I hope this story matter for your trip in Singapore, I know you might only stay like up to 3 days in this country but as long as you just come here for transit than 2 nights is quite enough. Now it’s your turn to plan your holiday in Singapore with kids and leave me a comment if you had something new that you could share with all my readers here.