Having stress before your overseas wedding? that sounds normal and I saw my couple feel it too before their big day.
Getting married is 100% a gift cause you know that not every person in this planet want or choose to marry someone, it’s not only about getting serious with your partner but this is about how to grow your love and stay together no matter what happen following that day. As a person who document a love story into pictures, I could say that how happy I am when see my couple happy and stay strong with their family cause I know some of them getting divorce or even cancel their wedding.
This is life and we should face it!
If you ever read my previous story about ‘Married in Paradise’ it’s an overseas wedding actually, there I put some tips about take a good care of your wedding preparation. Today in this post I’m gonna share to you about what to do before your overseas wedding, both for me and for you as a couple.
1 Month Before the Wedding
It’s about what do we do 30 days before your wedding, I know that we are so excited so let’s check everything!
7 Things That Couple Must Do
- MARRIAGE STATEMENT – When you want to get married outside of your home town than you must bring some requirements such as 6 months valid passport, legal divorce statement, and certificate of death former spouse (you could read the requirements in more detail on here) than make sure you got a copy for all of them
- TRAVEL – Make sure you got everything that related to your flight ticket, visa, health insurance, or some personal medicine that you might need. If you need to print the ticket than go for it than keep it on your travel pack.
- CONTACT YOUR HOTEL – Either using email, whatsapp, or phone call than make sure you check all the room, hall, or the venue and do the cross checking between the room availability and the guests who will come and stay.
- CONTACT YOUR WEDDING COORDINATOR – If you hire separately between wedding coordinator and hotel operator than you can check every single details of your marriage needs. It might be your flower bouquet, wedding song lists, decoration, and surely the catering. Make sure to re-calculate your guests and let your coordinator know about it
- DISCUSS WITH YOUR PROFESSIONAL SERVICE PROVIDER – It might be your photographer, celebrant or special wedding singer, talk to them and discuss everything that you need to know such as shot list for photographer (I have my own shot list for sure) and some paper requirements that your celebrant need on the ceremony
- FIT YOUR GOWN – This is the right time to fit your body to your bridal and gown, ask your designer to meet and get everything are fit on your needs or if you simply buy a brand new gown than ask some friends or relatives to help you to fix some part on its gown.
- BUDGET – It’s a classic but make sure you separate between budget that you gonna use for full service payment like photographer fee, decoration, or pay your flight ticket and budget that you gonna use for personal needs like shopping and other additional travel cost.
7 Things That I Do Before Shooting a Wedding
- TRAVEL – My wife will help me to check the ticket and print the boarding pass than make a digital copy of it in some devices
- GROUND TRANSFER – I definitely need a transfer support like car for shooting in the town or double propeller sea plane pass if shooting in some place with unique geographic condition like Maldives
- MEETING WITH MY COUPLE – A month before I used to ask a time for last discussion, if it is possible to meet them in person than this is the best way to have a good conversation. But if distance become matter than I’m gonna do Skype or Whatsapp video call for having a meeting with the couple.
- CHECKING THE GEARS – This is very important and I double check all the gears and devices that support my work
- DATA SAVING BACKUP – It might be my focus too cause here in my studio I will back up all the data in 3 (three) different part, that should be on memory card, personal hard drive, and surely my laptop.
- TRANSIT PLAN – I work together with my wife and always want to spend couple of days without the kids so we used to transit in some city to enjoying the food, get chill out till night and do little discussion about life.
- BUDGET – We are same and I need it too for enjoying my work so I will set the credit card ready and surely some cash on my wallet.
I Hope You Inspire…
So I’m gonna say that good luck with your overseas wedding preparation and feel so happy to share everything that I know in this story. In case you wanna ask something about this story than just leave me a comment below and I will be more than happy to reply it as soon as possible.
You might browse my photography behind the scene video too on my Youtube, I upload all my works there and some overview about our wedding projects.
Last I’m gonna welcoming you to see my whole portfolio so you can see my works and how I shoot for the previous couple, I’m truly happy if someday we can meet each other on your romantic wedding.