Have you ever think to have small wedding in the beach or in some other outdoor venue like vinery or lake which take you into more private celebration? It’s totally perfect and way better than celebrating with huge of people or with your parent’s friends but you know nothing about them all.
Hi there my name is Bima and I’m a destination wedding photographer. By the way thank you for stopping by and I really happy to found you here. I shoot wedding in a small amount most of them are less than 30 people and it is truly great both for me as the photographer and surely for you for the happiest couple on earth.
No matter you celebrate wedding on your backyard or destination but by making your guest list low mean you definitely concern about your celebration and privacy. When I saw my friend’s wedding in Melbourne than she only invite about 20 people of their family and closest friend that it looks so nice.
Back years ago when I shooting for Ben and Terri’s wedding in Patra Hotel Bali they just inviting around 30-40 people of family and friends into their wedding, it’s wonderful and I see i through my eyes that they just rock and roll from 4 pm till around 10 pm in the night.
3 Reasons Why You Should Make Your Guest List Low
- Get your CELEBRATION in more PRIVATE – Here you simply meet only person that you know better and once they attending your wedding than you can chill out and get some fun without limits
- It’s really COMFORT – Imagine that you can talk to each person that attending to your big day than get dinner or dance together without feeling shy or seems to be in different places
- SAVING your MONEY – Less people means less cost so when you have it for your own wedding than you can spend your budget into honeymoon right in the same place where you got married or go to another countries just like what my couple did
I could say that small wedding in the beach is a dream for most couple on earth, beach is so related to an outdoor wedding and this is why destination places like Bali, Maldives, or Maui are held over than 5000 wedding in a year.
Especially in destination wedding where you have to pay for all travel expenses such as airfare till the hotels, simplicity is the main key to get your wedding done. During past 5 years I used to browse my international flight ticket with jetradar and book all hotels, apartment, or even lodge with Booking.com generally they provide a good feature for us as a user.
Just like what you see above, my groom Ben is standing by with the priest while he waiting his future wife walking down the aisle accompany by Terri’s father. Coming up with pretty simple decoration that made from bamboo covered by fresh or artificial leaves and flowers than you can spread frangipani flowers as the carpet of the aisle.
Only few of guest is showing up during the blessing ceremony cause some others are staying in a different hotels. But when the sunset goes down and stars are sparkling than all Ben and Terri’s friend are coming and we get some fun till 10 pm.
5 Tips to Shortened Your Wedding Guest
I’ve been married with my wife Nina for over than 9 years and we used to feel worry while choosing our guest list. Down here I’m gonna share to you some simple tips to shortened your wedding guest list so you can create your own comfort wedding celebration.
- Be REALISTIC about the number of the guest – more guest means more stress especially if you got no wedding coordinator on your wedding day.
- If you DON’T HEAR their name before than DON’T invite them – some couple used to invited all their friends since childhood even they don’t hear their name for over than 2 decades.
- Don’t let your parents BRING YOU DOWN – having a hard discussion with your parents about who will or will not come to your wedding seems to be serious steps but talk to your parents in calm and let them know why you only want to invite someone that close to your heart
- Don’t ever add some guest on LAST MINUTE TIME – when you just reach your last minute time than forget all the names that you don’t mentioned before, it’s done and all your decision is perfect. Once you add someone on last minute than everything gonna be chaos
- Only invite the most IMPORTANT PERSON – don’t let anyone come to your wedding and let only the most important person to your heart that attending your wedding.
My Last Words
Keeping your wedding guest small is really brilliant idea cause it helps you to less stress and avoid any over budget. Meet only person that you know better is great than you invite people that you know nothing about them.
If you wanna discover more about my photography works than I invite you to see it on portfolio, there I put some links where you can access all the page that containing my engagement, wedding or even portrait photo session.
I will keep writing on this blog so please come back to me and don’t miss my free 69 wedding checklist for your own, it helps you as well to arrange all your wedding since a year to 7 days before your big day, cheers and I’ll see you soon!