If you are a freshman photographer or photography madness who looking for any reliable camera for your first career than you may read my Nikon D7100 experience story here. By the way I use this awesome tiny camera to back up my Nikon D800 but I ever challenge my self to use this beast as my prime gears when shooting wedding in Indonesia.
My first Nikon experience is on Joanna and Angga’s Pre Wedding and definitely falling in love with Nikon system till now. I know that D800 is bigger than D7100 so as a back up camera I need something more light, reliable for the price and specification and surely insane photo result. God bless me that finally I found this tiny beast and I would say that it belongs to one of Nikon masterpiece for sure.
What I’m gonna share today is about using Nikon D7100 for whole engagement shooting and I spend like 6-7 hours using this beast and creating good love stories for my couple who gonna celebrate their wedding next year.
Why I Move from Canon EOS 7D to Nikon D7100
There is no special reason or bad feeling with Canon but I already use this system for over than 5 years and wanna try a new brand and enjoying this awesome toys to shoot wedding as usual. I could tell you that my first Nikon D7100 experience was amazing, the body is smaller than 7D and comes with Nikon sharpness and contrast color especially for an outdoor shooting.
Whenever you use another camera brand and wanna try Nikon than D7100 is the best option, surely they provide D7200 for the next tiny DSLR too. As I said before that contrast of this camera is extremely insane so when you got couple who wear bright color dress like red or yellow just like my couple had than it comes with incredible color.
Fast Focus and This is Why I Love This Beast
My shooting style both on wedding and engagement is combining between capturing moment and glamorous. In this pose I ask my groom to hold her girl friend and pull her up.
Shoot a moment like this really need fast camera and lens than what I did is simply yelled 1, 2, and 3 than the groom is pull her girl friend up within 3 to 4 seconds. I know that this pose is not done naturally cause I design it as well but look at their expression and I absolutely love that moment. Overall I did this moment like 2 to 3 times and got 15-20 files than thanks God finally I got one great pictures to present it to my couple.
Best Nikon D7100 Experience from Real Engagement Shooting
If I could tell this camera on 3 (three) words than I could tell you about:
- FAST FOCUS – Focus is insane so no matter you shoot on journalism style for news, street photography, or portrait than this camera is insane.
- LIGHT – You could bring this camera for traveling and creating content for your blog cause Nikon D7100 is truly light. Just put this camera on your shoulder bag or backpack than you could create great pictures no matter where you are
- RELIABLE PRICE – I sure that for less than $500 than you could buy Nikon D7100 on Amazon, even though you still can have great pictures like a pro photographer.
Suggestion for Additional Gears and Accessories
If you love my experience stories and wanna buy this camera, I could give you some suggestion too for your kind additional gears and accessories. Overall you don’t need to buy the brand new gears or high end accessories for your career, rather than doing that than you could buy some reliable gears such as:
- Tokina ATXAF116DXIIN 11-16mm f/2.8 for Nikon – this entry level lens is cheap and sharp
- Circle Reflector – if you shoot for an outdoor portrait or engagement than asking an assistant for holding this reflector will give dramatic effect to your photos
- Godox Speedlite – having at least one flash or speedlite on your camera bag is important, next you could make beautiful off camera flash photo by using this gears
- Wireless Receiver and Trigger – it belongs to your speedlite ‘soulmate’ while having off camera flash technique so you may consider too about it.
Last, I hope you got an inspiration from what I share today, so much love to share this stories due to Nikon D7100 experience for engagement shooting and hopefully it will answer some gears questions on your head. Lets keep in touch on this blog cause I will share another tips and tricks related to my photo shoot…cheers!