I receive hundred of enquiries from worldwide couple who expecting to have their own best destination weddings photo collection, if they are a person who love beach wedding setting than Bali or Maldives will be the most wanted location that my couple want. Hi lovely people my name is Bima and thank you for stumble upon my photography blog. I know that this might be your first time to visit my blog but I hope I can deliver great information to support your destination wedding dream.
I’m so grateful by the way cause within this awesome 10 years of journey I met various couple from Germany, Perth, Singapore, and Philippines who planning to get married in a beach wedding venue. Even I being so often to go Bali and Maldives for pre wedding and wedding shooting but generally you still can consider another places such as Bora Bora, Boracay, Fiji, or even Hawai.
To make a short cut about this information let me explain about the best destination weddings photo collection that I ever had both in Bali and Maldives.
How the Best Destination Weddings Moment in Bali Looks Like
Bali, I always want to visit this extra ordinary city over and over again, my kids love its beaches and surely the local Balinese food, definitely you should try their ‘Nasi Campur Bali’ or Balinese Mix Rice cause the taste was so good.
Now lets talk about the experiences of having destination wedding in Bali. This city provide thousand of wedding in a year especially during summer holiday from May to end of October and when you expecting to get married during this season than make sure to book all the wedding resort for 12 months before.
I’m not joking cause some of most favourite wedding resort like Ayana Resort and Conrad Nusadua will provide almost 2 wedding in a day, you really must concern about your wedding schedule at all. Down here I’m gonna share my experience about 3 (three) main type of venue that you gonna enjoy when deciding to get married in Bali
1 – Cliff Front Wedding Venue
Two pictures above is my snap shot while having an Italian – Indonesian wedding in such beautiful cliff-front resort called The Sanctus, this villa is located in Uluwatu highland where you can reach by 40 minutes driving from Ngurah Rai International Airport. Almost all venues and wedding resort around Uluwatu area will provide magnificent cliff-front view where you can enjoy the beauty of sunset right for your ceremonial.
Surely there are several resorts with cliff-front view around Uluwatu that you may consider such as:
- Karma Kandara – I’m shooting portrait of ladies in this resort and the most awesome thing by staying here is the have their own private beach where only the resort’s guest able to enter. It’s called Nammos and you must take a gondola ride down for 85 meter with majestic view surrounding. My suggestion is, release your flip flop and walk in bare foot on their fresh green grass near the beach. You may see my ladies portrait gallery in Karma Kandara to see how beautiful the resort is.
- Alila Uluwatu – This incredible hotel is blown my mind away, the location was superb cause you have to ride your car like 1 km from the main street and you gonna found beautiful and peaceful hotel with amazing Cabana, a lovely place to stay covered by wood materials right in front of the cliff.
- Bvulgari Hotel – When you expecting the last cliff-front wedding venue than I could highly suggest you to to Bvulgari, love it so much and hell yeah their security man got a big dog to check all the hotel guests.
2 – Beach Front Wedding Venue
When you love beach so great and want to put your feet on the white sand beach water than you can consider to celebrate your wedding in several beach-front wedding venue that I suggest below. Try to explore around Jimbaran, Seminyak, and Nusadua cause these several areas provide various of 5 star luxury hotels and wedding resort that will realize your dream wedding.
All three photos above is Germany – Philippines wedding of the most lovely couple named Arthur and Jasmine who celebrate their wedding Conrad. Their wedding attended by 150 guests from all around the world cause Jasmine’s father has a great business relationship in several countries.
Now I’m gonna share another references of beach-wedding resort that you can consider to book to celebrate your glorious day.
- Ayana Resort – Incredible is the right word to describe this beautiful and romantic resort and the next thing that you can’t regret is their Rock Bar is insane! Hmm….I got my sirloin steak splash by the ocean wave during rainy season but the chef offer me to get a new one and love this experience so much. I welcoming you to see my works for Chinese couple wedding called Zhou and Wang here in Ayana
- Bali Mandira – When you expecting to celebrate your wedding in a hotel nearby the city centre than Bali Mandira will be your great option, this hotel built beautifully and you can ask your organizer to set your dinner table right on the beach and enjoying the night with a nice music and some tasty BBQ. I shoot for an Australian couple here in Mandira and I welcoming you to see Josh and Renee Gallery
3 – Hill and Rice Field
Go to Ubud when you expecting to have a peaceful wedding with a green rice field, forest, and hill view surrounding. This place is awesome and you gonna see tons of local culture and people kindness for every single day that you spend in.
Now let me share some beautiful resort around Ubud that you can consider:
- Komaneka at Rasa Sayang – The best thing to stay here is you can get a private area and stay relax but when you walking out for a bit more than there are cafes and restaurant that gonna serve you with the best and authentic Balinese recipes for sure
- Visesa Ubud Resort – Visesa located a bit far from Ubud Centre so after 6pm than you wouldn’t hear anything AT ALL, but the best thing from them is they provide a free shuttle to go to the Ubud Centre where you can get some tasty local food and enjoying the night with a nice surrounding.
Three humble word about celebrate your wedding in Bali are Peaceful, Cultural and Authentic!
How the Best Destination Weddings Moment in Maldives Looks Like
After a joyful experience in Southeast Asia than I’m gonna take you to the extra ordinary country in the south of India and Srilanka, called Maldives. Being twice visiting this lovely country and shoot for an overseas pre wedding and engagement session than today I wanna share some information that will help you to know more about Maldives and how the best destination weddings moment in Maldives looks like.
Seems to have different geographic condition with Bali, now you gonna see the unique atoll or small island that spread from the north to the south area of Maldives. Personally I could share that the most unique condition about sea in Maldives is they seems to be split into two area, the narrow one and the deep one and you can see it clearly come with 2 different colours.
The narrow sea level, lets talk about 30 cm to 150 cm will come in green colour and this is the right area where you can see the sting ray, turtle, baby shark or even the cute nemo fish while you spend hours for lovely snorkelling experience. The deep sea level will come in dark blue but if you expecting to meet your gigantic friend called the Whale Shark than this area is the habitat for your giant fellas.
Best destination weddings in Maldives, why not cause gonna celebrate your marriage in such crystal clear sea water atoll. They way you to go to the resort is also insane cause you can choose among using the double propeller sea plane which is landed in a water, speed boar or connecting with domestic flight.
No matter where you will stay than I highly suggest you to spend 1 lovely transit night in Male City, their awesome capitol where you can see all humble Maldivian surrounded by.
12 pictures above is my previous destination pre wedding in Lux* South Ari Atoll, such great 5 star luxury resort in south area where you can reach by 30 minutes of sea plane ride or 45 minutes with a domestic flight + speedboat. I met a lovely Hong Kong couple on that frame, Billy and Dickie Ma simply through this blog and we got once Skype meeting and we just met each other in Lux*…so simple!
For the second one I travel to Maldives for surprise and un-told engagement session due to my humble Singaporean couple who asking me to shoot on another 5 star resort called Angsana Velavaru, so down here I put a link where you can see the whole gallery of Denise and Joel Engagement.
Before you travel to Maldives for your wedding than I could suggest you with some essentials and information that you better to know, now lets check for what I’m going to share below:
1 – Health Insurance
While shooting for Denise and Joel in Angsana Velavaru I got a chicken pox disease, it’s like a common virus where I got so many wound on my body and I feel hard fever during the photo shoot. Professionally I don’t really care cause I still shoot for Denise and Joel within 2 days and got one award through those pictures, so once again hard work never lie isn’t it!
Due to this situation I have to go to the nearest hospital in Male City for simple a chicken pox disease that cost only $5 in my country but I have to pay over than $150 to get the right medicine in Male Hospital. So I want you to be consider about it,
The best solution for this this is by having the right and simple health insurance for taking care of your health, and I recommend you to buy it on WorldNomads insurance, where you can decide what is the right package for you. generally World Nomads provide various option of insurance depend on where to go and how many days.
2 – International Flight Tickets
No matter you decide to travel to Bali or Maldives than providing the right and reliable international flight tickets for you and your guests. Due to this than I suggest you to browse it as fast as you can through Jetradar.
3 – Accommodation
No matter it is a 5 star luxury hotel or simply a cheap transit hotel than I use majority of accommodation booking system through Agoda. Their system are superb and I got my accommodation itinerary right away following make a payment.
4 – International Photography Collection
For over than 10 years I focusing my services on destination wedding photoshoot so I want to deliver the best destination weddings photo collection that I ever had to all my clients. I work together with my wife, Nina, who belong to my assistant and make up artist so when you expecting for having an international photo shoot than I will be more than happy to help you both for photography and make up services.
Kindly drop me an email and discuss for what you need than we can set a schedule for an online meeting before you book my collection.